Monday, May 16, 2011

Recent Happenings...

We had the boys' 18 month well visit with the pediatrician and I am very happy to report that they are right on track developmentally.  Physically they are both tall and thin.  I asked the doc if they were so thin because of their prematurity and the fact that they are still catching up and he said he thinks they that they just have a thinner body type and is not the least bit concerned.  They are still eating like crazy, gaining weight and following their own growth curves.  Basically, they are average to above average in height for kids their actual age and below average for weight)
Their stats are as follows:

Johnathan
Birth weight 4lb 6oz
Current weight 23lb 2.5oz
Current height 33.5in

Jacob
Birth weight 3lb 10oz
Current weight 23lb 5.5oz
Current height 32.75in

In other news, we have a busy week ahead.   We have a zoo/library trip with friends tomorrow, and miscellaneous errands and packing to get ready for my trip on Thursday, among many other things.  I am flying out Thursday morning for a wedding and won't be back until Sunday!  My best friend from high school is getting married in Minneapolis.  I will also get to see my parents, sister and nieces along with some extended family.  I am excited and can't wait for some time away.  However, I am not looking forward to leaving my boys (all 3 of them!) for that long.  My biggest concern is for them and that they will wonder where I am and that I won't be there when they wake up in the morning.  I've only ever left them overnight, but John does an amazing job with them though so I know that it will be fine. 

Lastly, baby girl is doing well.  I am 21 weeks now so over half way there!  Doc said he'll schedule my c-section at 39 weeks (September 21) if I haven't had her by then.  She is moving around more and more everyday and the movements are getting stronger.  I'm looking forward to John being able to feel her on the outside in the next week or so!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment