Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Pregnancy - 23 Weeks

I have seen the quiz below on several different blogs,(specifically my cousin's) and since I am lacking inspiration on what to write about next, I've decided to try it out.   I am not planning on doing it every week, just on occasion if something changes or something exciting is happening.  Also, I'll post some pics of the bump soon!


How far along: 23 weeks

Size of baby: The baby is about the size of a mango, approximately 1 pound and 11 inches long

Total weight gain/loss: +15-16  Hopefully I'll only gain about 10-15 more pounds which keeps to 25-30 total.  We shall see.  Either way it should be alot less than the 40+ pounds that I gained with the boys!

Maternity clothes: Almost everything I wear is maternity.  It's been really hot here so I think I am going to need to invest in a few more sundresses and tank tops.

Gender: It's a girl!  The boys are getting a little SISTER!

Movement: Her punches and kicks are becoming harder everyday!  I've even seen a few movements on the outside

Sleep: So far so good!  I've been sleeping really well with a body pillow and usually getting up only once to go to the bathroom. 

What I miss: Nothing too much.  I don't drink too much soda so that hasn't been an issue and I've still been having 1ish cups of coffee a day so I'm good there.   I do miss being able to have a glass of wine on occasion.

Cravings: ICE CREAM!  Always ice cream.  Fresh fruit, specifically watermelon.  I cannot get enough. Cheese.

Symptoms: Pretty mild.  I have started having heartburn in the past few weeks, mostly at night when I lay down.  Also, some lower back pain and tailbone pain. 

Fun Purchases: I bought a couple of new maternity t shirts to get me through the summer and an adorable dark purple onesie that says, "Daddy's little girl".  :)

Surprises: How different this pregnancy is than being pregnant with the boys.  I was on bedrest with multiple complications by this point and laying around all day so there were less aches and pains.  It's definately different to be complication free (so far) and be chasing two kiddos with a big old belly.  Some days it's exhausting.

Best Moment this week: A completely uneventful doctor's appointement.  Nothing to worry about,  he says everything is great.  So wonderful to hear after last time around.  Also, another week closer to viability!  

I am excited that we've finally settled on a name.  Emersyn Joy.  John is 100% sure and while I love it, I just want to make sure nothing else hits me in the next few weeks. 

Dates:
Next Dr. appointment 6.28.11  I'll be 27 weeks!

Over halfway there!  September is coming!

1 comment:

  1. yay!! Glad everything is healthy and "normal" :) Great to hear and of course love the name! I figured it would be that or Emmalynn or something like that!! Post a pic soooon!!!!
    (dumb blogger won't let me sign in to comment under my google account!)

    ReplyDelete